Interviewer: Favorite music?
- Jensen: Garth Brooks. Best concert of my life. My dad, brother and I went. Never forget it. I own every single one of that guy's albums. Um, I love the king of pop, r.i.p. Marc Broussard, Marty Robbins, Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- Jared: And country.
- Jensen: Yes, country.
- Jared: I like country, but Jensen loves country.
- Jensen: Yeah.
- Jared: There nothing like being woken up in your trailer at four o’clock in the morning to Taylor Swift blasting from the trailer next to yours.
- Jensen: Whatever.
- Jared: What? You love Taylor Swift!
- Jensen: I know I do.
- Jared: You seriously just admitted that in public. And here I was calling you a manly-man earlier.
- Jensen: She’s a good little songwriter!
- Jared: Um, I’ve really been getting back into Pearl Jam lately. I’ve been on an everything Pearl Jam kick.
- Jensen: Yeah. Cause there’s nothing like waking up to ‘Jeremy’ blasting from the trailer next to yours at four o’clock in the morning for the like, thousandth time.
- Jared: Hey! Jeremy is a good, complicated, emotional song! It helps me get in Sam's head.
- Jensen: And it helps Dean get closer with a gun.
- Jared: But no, I like country. And I actually think I like classic rock more than he does. I’m more of the Dean in the music world and Jensen listens to .. Taylor Swift.
- Jensen: Let it go, man.
- Jared: Even Sam would never admit it if he listened to Taylor Swift.
- Jensen: Sam has no soul!
- Jared: Dude, trust me, it doesn’t matter.
Interviewer: In real life: Friendship or Brothers??
Jensen: That’s almost impossible to explain. Nine months a year we’re stuck with each other literally twenty four hours a day seven days a week because we’re working on the show. Even doing stuff for ourselves in between isn’t possible. We’re constantly together. And even when we’re not actually working together during that nine months, or the other three months out of the year for that matter, we always find ourselves choosing to hang out and be together.
Jared: We even lived with each other!
Jensen: We did.
Jared: We were in each other’s weddings!
Jensen: We were.
Jared: And when we leave Canada for break we’re combining our family’s to do Christmas together in Texas this year!
Jensen: We will. But what I’m saying is, if you compare our relationship with Dean and Sam’s relationship on the show, there is a huge difference. Jared never drives me up the wall.
Jared: I wouldn’t say never.
After about 2ish minutes the guys start to talk about their convention experiences. It really is like listening to us fans talk about the friendships that have developed because of this show. But from the talent side of the house.
They talk about the evolution of the karaoke show. About their characters (having died and come back multiple times). About how they never worked together at all, but have become friends because of the conventions and now travel the world because of Supernatural. How there are so many conventions for this one show that they couldn't do them all. And on and on. It's exactly what we've been saying - but coming from the performers of the show.
I love how Richard says he is so engaged with this show because of the fans and the conventions that sometimes he forgets that he hasn't been ON the show for 2 or more years. About how his character on Supernatural is the favorite character he's played bar none. And then Matt chimes in talking about how great the writing is for the guest stars of the show - the writing for the characters that come and go is deep and well developed. :)
Well worth watching. Interview is on YouTube in two parts.